Antoine Howard has been an elite athlete all his life. In high school, he lettered in Football, Basketball and Track, ending his high school career being recruited in Two sports.
As a freshman at Blinn College in Texas, Antoine helped this storied Junior College win a National Championship in Track & Field. After he moved up and out to the University of Arkansas, Antoine focused on the long jump and triple jump, and was part of the
Razorbacks’ NCAA National Championship teams of 1996 and 1997.
Along his athletic journey, Antoine learned – and was inspired – by a wide variety of coaches, teachers and teammates. Some focused on the fundamentals. Some focused on conditioning. Some focused on the mental aspects. While each had his or her own style of teaching, motivating and training, Antoine found them all equally valuable.
Defy Gravity is the product of all those coaches, teachers and teammates – with a big dose of Antoine mixed in. As a father – and a man with a passion for helping athletes grow into confident athletes – Antoine also saw the need for training beyond speed and agility. He wants to train leaders.
The accomplishments of Antoine Howard include:
· Lettered in High School Football, Basketball and Track
· Blinn College National Champion, Track & Field, 1995
· University of Arkansas National Champion, Track & Field, 1996 & 1997
· Top SEC Performer, 1997
· Top Ten US Athletes, Triple Jump, 1995 & 1998
· 1996 Olympic Trials Participant, Atlanta, 1996
· Blinn College, Associate Degree
· University of Arkansas, Bachelor of Arts Degree, Sociology & Criminal Justice
· Cooper Institute/American College of Sports Medicine, Certified Fitness Specialist
· City of Dallas Firefighter and Paramedic, since 2001
· Member, Urban Search and Rescue (USAR)
· Defy Gravity, Founder